New 53z Express Cruiser Earns Category A Ocean
Category A Certification is the ISO’s toughest standard for seaworthiness and stability. Most larger sailboats qualify, but few powerboats qualify to meet the rating’s standard for stability in seas up to 23 feet and Beaufort Force 9 (41-47 knots) winds. Happily, the MJM 53z has 50 mph speed to avoid such situations by taking advantage of even brief weather windows. Her performance and rating are made possible by a low VCG and light, strong epoxy composite construction. Seakeeper stabilizer comfort is standard.
• Destroyer wheel
• Stidd seats
• Transferable 10-year osmotic blister warranty
• Twin berth layout with optional double-berth filler & cushions
• Corian counter-tops in galley and head
• Enclosed head/shower to starboard
• Wrap-around bolstered cockpit seating
• Bi-level instrument console for multi-function navigational display
• Molded swim platform with 37” telescoping swim ladder
Arrange a sea trial in New England this summer.