5 Must Haves In An Express Cruiser
Whether you want a boat to take you from Boston to Nantucket or around the Great Loop, here are five things to look for in an express cruiser that make it up to the task..and way more fun to own.
- Weather protection. While we go boating to feel the wind in our hair and the soothing connection to the water, it’s also nice to have a place you can relax in shade or air conditioned comfort. Look for a pilothouse with 360 degree views and plentiful seating because sooner or later, everyone will want to be there.
- Ample space for the party. A smooth flow of deck from helm to stern means everyone can enjoy being together.
- Speed and efficiency. Exhilarating performance is important for it’s own sake, but also, when the weather turns threatening, it’s nice to have the power to get back to port before the storm. Efficient hull design helps with this, too, as it increases the boat’s range and allows you to go further, faster, with fewer fuel stops.
- Confidence in all conditions. Most builders promise quality construction. But when quality construction is combined with hull stability, a low center of gravity and other smart design elements, an express yacht can earn the ISO CE Category A Ocean certification. We’ll save you research time on this one: the MJM 43z IPS, the 50z and the 53z are the only express cruisers in the 40’-55’ category that carry this certificate.
- Easy maintenance. Look for quality finishes that only require a quick hose off back at the dock. Keep the carpentry below to eliminate varnish jobs. Outboards allow you to turn the key and go, skipping the engine room checks.
We think MJM delivers these five key features more completely than other express cruisers. See if you agree-visit one of our dealers.
MJM Founder’s New Book on Amazon - Time To Get Creative A page-turning business memoir and love story from this National Sailing Hall of Fame yachtsman, wrapped up in a narrative about… Read More
Yacht Company Sends New Employees Through BCCC Apprenticeship - WASHINGTON, N.C.— Large boat orders have picked up and manufacturing companies are frantically trying to keep up with the demand. Local yacht builder, Pamlico Yachtworks,… Read More
Evolution Of A Dream - By Capt. Ken Kreisler Designed and built to supply comfort, performance, and safety, the new MJM 42 is all that...and much more. The new MJM… Read More
How MJM Yachts Uses Advanced Composites to Build Luxury Yachts - Boat manufacturers have long leaned on composite construction materials due to their high strength ratio to lightweight structure, among other features. However, advancements in the… Read More
The Perfect Combination - By Kevin Koenig, Soundings Trade Only MJM puts the Down in Down East with a new factory in North Carolina In a lot of ways,… Read More
Design Driven - Yachting By Patrick Sciacca The MJM 53z is a Down East-inspired design, accented by stainless-steel bow rails that average around 30 inches high and mirror… Read More
How The MJM Yacht Design Makes For A Better Boating Experience - Learn about 2 of over 30 problems solved by the MJM Yachts design: Speed to outrun weather, and Overcoming rough sea conditions. Boating is fun,… Read More
5 Must Haves In An Express Cruiser - Whether you want a boat to take you from Boston to Nantucket or around the Great Loop, here are five things to look for in… Read More
Three Strategies for Preventing the Corona Virus - You’re working remotely, monitoring the media reports-chances are you’re feeling the stress. Boating is a great escape. The stress-reducing power of fresh air, saltwater and… Read More